Thursday, September 17, 2009

Learning to Fly



I just realized I need to pursue photography. Not because this photo I'm posting is so good. It's not, really. I just love taking pictures. That's it for thinking. I'm really tired of thinking. Taking pictures makes me forget about thinking for a while, which is probably a good thing. I think I think more than is good for me, in general.

These birds were sitting out on our vine-infested wall this morning, while I was out waiting for psycho-puppy to do her business. It's a mom, or more probably a dad bird and kid birds. I've seen them before, hanging around our bird feeder. I think (there I go again) they were giving/receiving flying lessons. There was a lot of talking (in bird) going on. Of course after two shots I got too close with my camera and they all flew off. If you click on the photo you might get it to open in a new window for a better view.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Descartes, who said "I think, therefore I am," was sitting in a coffee shop. The waitress asked him if he'd like more coffee. He answered, "I think not" and he dissappeared.

Be careful about not thinking.

sidewalk driver said...

Sounds more like there's a need to be careful WHAT one thinks!

sidewalk driver said...

The more I think, dangerously, the more I think there was a misspelling. "I think knot" and the more I wonder what the rest of Descartes' incomplete sentence was: "I think, therefore I am...what?" Insane? Confused? Busy? Hungry? An idiot?

Anonymous said...

It's not knot. It's not. Not thinking is all for naught.

sidewalk driver said...

I like this, whether it's all for naught or knot. Now I have something interesting to not think about until I disappear.
But I would like more of the best expresso ever, in case anyone is asking. I don't need to think about that.