Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hot Cars

Saw lots of Corvettes tonight, and three new Camaros. None of the Camaros were black, however. One of the Corvettes was a 1982. It was slightly modified. If Danjo's Vette was slightly modified like that, the new Camaro wouldn't be tempting. The guy said it would do a 12 second quarter mile. I think he said it had something like 1000 horses. Maybe it was 1200. He said they were making a new manifold for it. He thought they could get another 30 horses or so out of it. It looked just like Danjo's car on the outside, only maroon. No scratches. They were planning to redo the inside next month. I couldn't really tell what needed redoing. The guy said you could hook up a laptop to it. I don't think he meant for wi fi. I think it was to program the car. He was speaking hot-rod-ese, so I wasn't completely sure.

Saw a white 1964 Fairlane 500 coupe. Looked familiar. I don't think our Fairlane had beige leather seats though. I remember them being grey cloth.

Also saw a 72-ish blue Buick GS 400 with a white top. Vinyl, not convertible. I might just trade the Corvette for that one too.

No comments: