Monday, December 28, 2009

Toys and Games

1. I must eat my words about the Crayola Crayon Maker. It's better than the Easy Bake Oven, even if it is harnessing the heat of a 60 watt bulb to melt things. It's been churning out strange, mottled crayon facsimiles nonstop for three days straight. The kids love it. It's the color mixing thing. Artistic kids, melting things, mixing colors. They may just wear it out. I'll have to take a photo. At least I don't have to eat the crayons.

2. Animal Crossing--this game is not what I thought. I don't know what I thought it was, but I didn't really expect my kids to learn about pickup lines. "I had a dream of you eating cole slaw at my house. Want to come over and make it come true? Venom is proving adept at put-downs. She went to the creepy penguin's house and then, when asked what she thought of the place, told him "It is yuck!" We need to have a talk about not going home with strange animals, however. Adventurer Two encountered the same creature, which wanted to know if it could call her "Chickie." His suggestion was soundly rejected. What respectable girl wants to be called that? Filthy animals.

3. Goal for today was to wash two dogs. Goal accomplished. No longer neglected small furry creatures.

No photos today.

No comments: