Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Story for You

A Day at the Bazaar

By Adventurer Two


Dirt blows into my face as I walk to the bazaar, my mom gave me 15 pounds to spend as I wish. “Hubby Tubby” hmm sounds interesting I’ll check it out first. “What do you sell?” I asked the lady at the booth. “we sell tub soap, you haven't heard of us? We are worldwide famous!” the lady at the booth said proudly with a very bizarre accent. “Smell this one” the lady shoves a bar of tub soap in my face. I took a whiff “whoa, smells........minty and orchidy” I stutter. “Here you can have some its a free sample” she puts the minty orchidy soap in a bag and pats my shoulder “sweet smelling”

Th next few minuets I spend wondering around looking for something good to buy. I pass Seasons greeting which apparently only sells Easter cards (keep in mind its winter) and bruise shoes which sells wooden shoes. I passed those by they didn't look appealing.

“Excuse me” a small voice squeaked. “uhh,”I looked around in confusion. “down here” the voice said again. I look down to see a very petite lady holding a blue plastic nose. “would you like a blue plastic nose?” the lady said. “I guess?” I mutter. “ hmm let me measure your nose” she says. She measures the distance from one side to the other horizontal then she measures vertically from one side to the other. When she is done she prods in a box and comes out with a nose and places it on mine. “ah perfect! “ ,she proclaims “A little big so you can grow! That will be three pounds” I place three pounds in her small hand, she intern puts my new blue nose in a bag and I stride away.

I walk to the next booth “Freckle Beckele.” “ Do you need help finding anything” the slender man at the booth questions. “ what do you sell?” I ask. “we sell freckle increaser,” his low voice replies. “ I don’t need freckles. “well then you can go you are a waste of my time” he huffs and walks to the next customer.

“Breeze T’s get your Breeze T’s, Only seven pounds” a pudgy man hollers. “hmm giant flappy shirts they look good for pajamas” I mutter under under my breath. “I would like to buy one” I stick out my hand holding seven pounds. “here you go young lady” he hands me a shirt and takes my money “ have a good day!” he hollers after me.

The next booth has several ladies lounging at it, all of them have way to much makeup on. “ohh my dear you have such a pale face” a voice says from behind me” sit down, you need makeup and I’m am going to do it for you” the lady says enthusiastically and at the same time soothingly. I plop down on the seat and relax, she talked to me about makeup but that stuff is boring. when she is done I feel like I have 10 pounds on my face, she hands me a mirror. “ Wow you did a gorgeous job on my makeup! I would like to buy some” I proclaim. “here only five pounds” she says happy she sold some. “I'll take it” I say enthusiastically. I am handed a huge purple fluffy sparkly fluffy bag and I am off.

“The sun is setting I better head home I’ll have visit Purple contacts, green dots, and ponytails for less another day. As I walk home I recall the things I got: A big bag of makeup, a giant Breeze T, a plastic nose, and a bar of tub soap, all for fifteen pounds.

“Mom I am home........ oooooo you made muffins!” I exclaim. “Dinner is ready what did you get” I got a huge hug from my mom and I got out my bag. I showed her all I got and we had a laugh and ate dinner.


2 comments:

Urban Ranger said...

Oooooooo I like it! Perhaps she can use "Dickens" as a blog moniker.

MTW said...

When she gets it published I want an autographed copy. And don't look so amused, of course she can publish it, young writers are all the rage right now. Just look at Eragon and those spy stories. This would be for a younger audience naturally, but I think it would fly.