Sunday, October 18, 2009

Can I have my ball back?

Hello, neighbor. How's it going? I found all these golf balls in our backyard. I think they are yours. You must have been practicing your chip shots (or something-I don't really know much about golf). Is your game improving? The weather is getting nice for golf. I was wondering, have you found The Hope of His Calling in your yard? I kinda hit it over the fence... No? It's not there? Are you sure? Could you check the pool?... Oh. Maybe I swing harder than I thought... What was I doing knocking that around? Well, let's just say I got a little upset and leave it at that... Yeah, I know. Well, thanks... No, don't worry about the golf balls. If we find more, we'll just bring them back again.

2 comments:

MTW said...

What is it with golfers? Hitting balls over a fence that has children and dogs playing in the backyard?? What were they thinking? Or is it possible they looked over the fence to make sure there was no one there before they commenced sending thier dangerous missiles over the fence? Lots of questions . . . wondering if the neighbor had any answers.

sidewalk driver said...

In defense of said golfers, the balls were the light, soft-ish, practice variety. I don't think they'd hurt anyone.