Monday, March 29, 2010

Shopping for a Camera

The word Danjo had me type into google:
Intussusception
Please, no one use it in a sentence...

I have begun the taxes. This is satisfying. I have begun them once again before April. This is not satisfying. Usually they are finished in February. So it's an unusual year. Whatever.

I have cleaned the root beer out of my kitchen, except for the floors. I've decided to leave the root beer on the floors until my shoes stick to the tiles so tightly that the tiles pull off the concrete subfloor. It shouldn't take long.

The San Diego puzzle is done. I worked on it for a bit today, and Venom finished it in ten minutes while taking a break from homework. Must find a slightly harder puzzle for next time.

About a third of the people who get pneumococcal pneumonia also get pneumococcal bacteremia which has a 20% fatality rate in the normal population and 60% in the eldery. And if you are elderly (you know who you are) and get pneumococcal meningitis, you have an 80% chance of death. Who knew? The things we learn when Danjo is completing continuing education. I think I've had the vaccine for that though. The rest of you can risk death without it. I can see how scared you are. Well, I can't really "see" how scared you are, I suspect though. Shaking in your boots, aren't you? There are so many things you could die from (and you will die from one of them), and this is just one. Nasty, nasty pneumococcus. I believe it's a good thing to live by faith...

On that happy note (and as I have already covered death and taxes in this one post), I will leave off blogging and go study up on Maurice Utrillo (the alcoholic illegitimate son of a trapeze artist who also modeled for Renoir) and Victor Vasarely ("the acknowledged leader of the op-art movement, [whose] innovations in color and optical illusion have had a strong influence on many modern artists"), in order that I may give two twenty minute presentations to some kids 1st-3rd grade tomorrow. I need to be able to say more than, "famous artists are often not good role models" and "this guy painted some strange stuff."


The above photographic technique,
which is not
an example
of
Op Art,
takes a very skilled photographer
and a really,
really
good
camera
\|/
oo
|
(___)

No comments: