Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Out Hunting

20 acres in rural San Diego county means lots of wildlife. Having a friend's fun camera made seeing some of it that much more exciting.
Quail Hunting:
The quail photo is included because quail are cool, not because the birds were close enough for me to get a good shot. I sat around for a long time, and they wouldn't wander closer. If I moved, they disappeared into the brush. They seemed hungry, because all they did was eat, and watch me to make sure I didn't move.

Wabbit Hunting!
I had better luck with the rabbits. I saw them before they saw me. There was a bunch of them, out in the open, the light was better, and they were closer, and bigger than quail. These rabbits are used to being hunted, but being stalked by me and a camera was less of a problem for them than the coyotes, and the hawks.




Jack and Penny, your long-lost relatives say hello.

No comments: