Friday, January 8, 2010

Make a Wish, Build a House, Spread Some Paint

I guess photos are just my favorite things to post. Words, only sometimes. Young Adventurer was very disappointed to discover at Thanksgiving that hams do not have wishbones. We were therefore very careful to preserve the wishbone from the Christmas turkey for his enjoyment. Adventurer Two relishes the challenge of the breaking of the wishbone as well...

I shall beat you!
No, I shall beat You!
Will it break, or just bend?
Everybody wins! It split down the middle.
I know most people make their gingerbread houses before Christmas, but that creates undue stress in my world, and I didn't even try it. However, we found a Wilton gingerbread mix and frosting mix, both specially formulated for making gingerbread houses, after Christmas, 50% off. We managed to bake and assemble on two different days, one of them before Young Adventurer started school again. Taciturna's tip to roll out the dough on parchment paper was extremely helpful, and the Wilton mixes come highly recommended. Gingerbread house a success. The one thing you can't see in the photo: the weed, Animal Crossing-style, that Young Adventurer planted in the front yard. Green Mike and Ike standing in frosting. Charming!
This last photo is what happens when you buy venom a painting book for Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I want to know when I get to benifit from some art from her!

Taciturna said...

Oh my goodness! That girl is talented!!!!! I almost just started crying.

sidewalk driver said...

Best part of that painting? She was looking at instructions in the book, didn't have all the supplies or tools, and so she just improvised and did her own thing. Made it work. Nothing stops her.