Friday, January 29, 2010

Learning Curve

Having no prior experience with a camera that actually has manual settings, it's taking some time to figure out the manual focus, shutter speed, and all the other stuff that I don't know what it is or does. Yes, I know I need to take a class. Still, I am having fun!

This is what happens when you set the camera to full manual, when you only intended to focus manually. That is a photograph of a bird, in case you couldn't tell. I am thankful for the friend who was with me--she showed me the little switch on the lens that allows manual focus. Once I switched the other dial back to full-auto, the camera started taking actual photos again.

These next photos I took this morning with the camera set to a very fast shutter speed and focusing manually. Getting closer!


And then there's the geese. Camera set to "full auto." Sun and water set to "nice reflections." Sidewalk Driver set to stay out of the way of the guy with the really REALLY big lens and the tripod who was sitting on the ground framing his shot.
Note the goose drill sergeant.
It's nice to have all one's geese in a row, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Booyor said...

Perfect Concrete Pathways blog post today, because:

1. Hummingbird photo not just looks good (like your other photos) but is of a difficult subject to capture

2.You worked in the "geese in a row" comment