Monday, October 6, 2008

Musings of the Young Adventurer



On the way home from school today, the little guy told me he had something for me to post on my blog. He said that he had read a book today at school and that book was about bison. He learned that once, bison were nearly extinct, and he thought it would be good for you to know it as well, given the collective interest in bison. I may come back and edit this, because I am sure he told me two bison facts and not one, but I can't remember the second one. I'll check with him.

Later in the day, after he had practiced piano, and then put away his Hot Wheels which were strewn all over the living room, and took them up to his room, and was about to put away his laundry, all willingly with no complaint, he asked me if he had been doing better at not sinning today, and then said that he was going to "try hard to sin as little as possible for the rest of the day." I agreed that this was an excellent plan. He carried it out as faithfully as a seven-year-old sinner can, with some help from a Savior, and at bedtime asked me if I could think of any sins he had done today. Thankfully, it was much harder to think of any than it would have been yesterday! God is Good. 

I was thinking that maybe each morning I should resolve to sin as little as possible for the rest of the day...

No comments: