Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dinnertime Dialogue

Venom (A1): What are fingernails and toenails made of?

Sidewalk Driver(while cooking spagetti): Keratin, the same thing as your hair.

Venom: Then why isn't our hair hard?

Sidewalk Driver: That's not the way it works

Venom: So if our fingernails got really long would they start to be like hair?

Sidewalk Driver: No, that's not the way it works.

Venom: So, how come we don't have hair growing out of our fingers?

Sidewalk Driver(while heading to computer to log into blog): Uh, I have no response to that.

Anyone care to tackle that last question? Venom is still wondering...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you could tell her that her hair is essentially the same protein that makes up insect's exoskeleton... I was sort of grossed out when I learned that.
It all depends on the amino acids. Depending on the amino acid it can be hair, nails, or a beetle shell.

sidewalk driver said...

That's neat. She will be fascinated by the idea that she could have bug shell growing out of the ends of her fingers.

Anonymous said...

wow thats awesome!!!!! I mite add that to my supper hero persona! Bug skeletons shooting out of my fingers into all the bad guys eyes! I was thinking of something a little more like burning margarin or just plain orange juice though!