Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Important stuff about cars!

Having completed my photography final project, I can move on to something else. Something informative and useful.
(the alternator looks relatively new on this vehicle. It is on the "already" list.
The starter, however, falls under the "not yet" category, if I'm not mistaken,
which I very well could be.
I've been mistaken more often than usual of late.)
Note how the alternator and starter look relatively similar but are located in different places in the vehicle. Observe that it's better to have to replace the alternator, if the ground around you is not both clean and comfortable, as reaching the starter will involve lying on the ground. This I recall from the campground on the edge of Nebraska in 1992, and it is confirmed by this project.
Note to Honda Minivan owners: After some investigation, it has been determined that the Odyssey starts and continues running with a magic key and possibly pixie dust. A "careful" search under the hood (and yes, I can open the hood of my van all by myself) revealed neither alternator or starter anywhere to be found. If I could find them, they would be magic anyway.

Thanks to Danjo for pointing out where the alternator is on the vette (which is cool), and "affirming" that my Odyssey is not cool but magic.

2 comments:

Urban Ranger said...

magic is cool

mtw said...

Magic in this case would be electrifying I think