Friday, November 12, 2010

Re-creativity, or "the blog post that almost wasn't"

Sometimes there's not much to say. Or there's so much that it's better just to be quiet...

Anyways, rather than blogging about a nice ordinary day--breakfast with a friend, lunch with a friend, daughter cooked dinner--stuff like that, I was browsing the internet and came across some cool stuff.

There were japanese manhole covers--they are art, not just an ugly round metal lid. Cool. Look them up. Google or Bing should work fine.

I also read about the LARGE hadron collider people. They say they're one step closer to producing the GOD PARTICLE. I'm glad God isn't really a hard-to-produce particle, to be completely honest. I also like the name I AM better than the name Higgs Boson. I bet Higgs is the name of the guy that postulated this godly particle. The god particle-named after the guy that invented it. How funny. If I invented a god, I would name her sidewalkdriver, if ya know what I mean...

Then came the interesting stuff--the blogworthy stuff. You see, (or you will if you click THIS LINK), there was this ART CONTEST. They asked people to take something that was usually computerized and recreate it in a natural medium. Go take a look--it's fun. The "ironic Mario painting" made me laugh out loud, and what people choose to recreate is creative in and of itself. :-)


No comments: