Thursday, November 18, 2010

The "Kids are Cooking Dinner" "diet"

The kids have done the cooking twice in the last week. This past weekend Adventurer Two made some fettucini alfredo from scratch. It was good. The trouble is, when it's made from scratch you know what goes into it. It's a very simple dish--just pasta, heavy cream, a cube of butter, and a bunch of parmesan cheese. No problem there. Right? Like I said, it was good. I had leftovers for lunch on Monday, along with some leftover bratwurst (I looked for leftover veggies, but they had all been swiped by lunch-makers that morning). So I made the best of what was available...


Tonight Venom has cooked dinner. I am very thankful, because I was unexpectedly out driving the car to various places and it's hard to cook when I'm doing that. Anyway, Venom searched the cookbooks and got a little frustrated. Too difficult; no time; missing critical ingredients---the usual. She finally settled on chocolate chip waffles topped with either peanut butter or maple syrup. It was good. Very good.

Tomorrow I'm teaching Young Adventurer to make salad.

No comments: