Monday, November 2, 2009

Playing Dress-up

These photos are from Halloween, and from the dog fashion show and wine tasting event Adventurer Two and I attended for Havanese Rescue (they got money for it or I would have said no!). I didn't know what I was getting in to when I said yes to this. The store provided doggie dressup (they chose the fashions, not me!) and we walked the "runway" to Madonna's "Vogue" and the great song, "I'm Too Sexy." Dusty's inner show dog came out in a big way. She had a blast. Adventurer Two was horrified by Dusty's costume (not the Christmas harness, the other one--black and silver hoodie with cross, thick black jeweled collar). Jenna puppy didn't like it so well, but her outfit was kinda cute, as dog outfits go, anyway--pink and fluffy hoodie. The event was about what I expected. Some people have too much time and money on their hands and take it out on their pets. We did get a laugh at chippendale poodle, and the chihuahua in sunglasses. No good photos though. Just imagine a black standard poodle, groomed like a show dog, wearing white cuffs, bowtie, and fancy gold panties with money sticking out the top. Yep. You've got the picture. The chihuahua was wearing a very spiffy red brocade taffeta sort of dress, red jeweled collar, red patent leash, and sunglasses. Very nice ones. She looked and acted very...aloof. "Don't touch me, commoner!"



Then there's Halloween. It actually came first, but I didn't upload the photos in the right order and I don't want to rearrange them. It's too much trouble. Young Adventurer was David (the one who defeated Goliath). That was a late change from Puddleglum. The girls were their own strange superheroes, but I didn't take any photos. We roasted marshmallows. Joseph did a great job and fed me two. These are three and four. I don't know who ate them. They look yummy, but a mom can only ingest so many marshmallows after eating pizza and candy all evening. I really do like them burnt.
And then there's Jack'o'lanterns:
left to right, Puddleglum, designed by Young Adventurer, The Happy Cyclops, designed and carved by Venom, and Adventurer Two's unnamed creation-The Smirking Pumpkin, maybe.

No comments: