Friday, October 8, 2010

The Beatles


Tomorrow would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday. Google's logo was cute and squiggly and I clicked on it and apparently it was in honor (or whatever) of John Lennon. There was a nice picture of him in the little round glasses. I know more about his glasses than his music, I think. I don't own any music by the Beatles. John Lennon died before I was old enough to be aware of or appreciate (or not) his music, and I've never gone back and tried to appreciate it. Same with Elvis. That's all.

(I just re-read that, and maybe I should go cook dinner now...)

...

You know...I think this is a result of my upbringing. If mom and dad had listened to the Beatles when I was a little kid, I might have an opinion about them now. Instead I have an opinion about the Hugo and Luigi Chorus...


...I suspect the Cascading Voices don't sound much like the Beatles...

No comments: