Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Revisionist Vacation

We're back home, and I'm back at school, learning how to use Photoshop to make some minor changes to our Maui experience...
"...We were watching this sunset at the beach while eating dinner at this great open-air restaurant, and all of the sudden, this giant hermit crab came crawling out of the ocean and onto the sand, just a few feet from where we were sitting! People started screaming and running. Food was flying everywhere. It grabbed our waiter and crushed him with it's claw. The just-lit tiki torches fell over and the restaurant began to burn. I grabbed my camera as Danjo downed the last of his Mahi Mahi. As we ran down the beach path towards our room and away from the chaos, Danjo exclaimed, 'I sure don't remember seeing that while we were snorkeling!' I stopped and looked back. 'Wait!' I cried. Doesn't it look just like the one we had in our hand at the tide pools this morning?' Danjo turned white as a ghost. 'If that's the same one, it could be after us,' he whispered. As one, we turned and fled for the car..."

3 comments:

MTW said...

Hint: When cutting and pasting in Pshop always remember to use the blur tool on the edges of the pasted object, otherwise it looks kind of fakey and fools no one.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Photoshop in the hands of another one of those!

sidewalk driver said...

Thanks for the hint mom!

It took me so many tries to accomplish this, that I can only imagine what would have happened if I'd tried to blur the edges.

I was just glad to successfully complete the assignment, which did include moving an item from one photo to another. I actually had to turn this image in, and it garnered a fair amount of attention from my fellow students. They thought the hermit crab looked creepy, but I don't think it fooled anyone.