Thursday, May 20, 2010

Close Enough

This is the puzzle without the box, now that it's "finished."
I rely heavily on the picture on the box when I'm assembling a puzzle. I want to know what it's going to look like before I start, and I want to refer to the picture as I assemble the puzzle. Saves stress. Gives me confidence. I usually choose puzzles with lots of detail and as few large expanses of solid color as possible, because I get frustrated otherwise. This puzzle did not fit that mold. The box got traded out with another puzzle a couple of years ago, so the picture on the box, of a church in the Alps, was no help. And someone mean and lazy made it. All the pieces are essentially the same shape. Thankfully it is a small puzzle. It would have defeated me sooner if it had been large.
This puzzle did go better with some expert help at the beginning from Superwoman Susan et al. And Adventurer Two put in some work along the way. The green patch in the middle is thanks to her.
I can confirm that we haven't lost any of the pieces.

No comments: