Sunday, April 12, 2009

Christ Is Risen!

And that is a good thing. More important than the rest of this post. Needed saying first.

So now, shopping for Easter seems to bear no relation to that aforementioned very important fact. I went shopping for Easter cards to send to moms and dads and grandma. At Hallmark store. There were maybe five "religious" Easter cards in the entire place, cleverly hidden among the gazillions of eggbunnychickenhappyspring cards. Only one was even worth considering. It was labeled "Orthodox Religious" and had an orthodox looking picture on the front but some accurate words. I decided not to buy anything. So if you are wondering, mom and dad, why you didn't get an Easter card from me, now you know.

I also went shopping for Peeps.  Why do stores not think of this--who are the marketing people anyway? There were many (poorly organized) choices, and I only needed one package. Every time I saw them in the store, I wanted to arrange them by the color wheel. I didn't buy any of them either--I was too overwhelmed. I want a box with one Peep in each color rather than fifteen. I may be able to pick some up in the after-Easter clearance. 


Do notice both Venom and Adventurer Two are wearing Christmas shirts. Easter is the culmination of Christmas, after all.

3 comments:

Booyor said...

Medusa Jellyfish being the culmination of Secretary's Day.

sidewalk driver said...

Yep. One of these kids is not like the others..
one of these kids is not the same...
Now it's time to play our game.

And you win Booyor. Not everyone knows about Medusa Jellyfish and Secretary's Day!

Urban Ranger said...

Note: Peeps are best when microwaved for about 30 seconds. I wrote a poem about it a few years ago...