Thursday, August 4, 2011

Owl

It may be shark week on Discovery Channel, but it's bird of prey week here, as the only sharks at the beach were the ones I drew in a picture. Believe me, I was looking for the real thing...
Anyway, I think the hawk got fed up with me and my camera and left, but last night, the sky looked cool, so I borrowed Dad's tripod and set up to get the twilight and the moon and the dead tree. Then a kind owl landed in the tree to made it that much better. Actually, now that I think about it, "kind" may not be the best word to describe the owl. Earlier in the evening, before the sky started looking cool, we found owl pellets under that same tree. The (masked and gloved) kids tore them apart and found a skull, and some other bones of smaller animals. Maybe ribs, or feet, definitely teeth.

In fact, after model owl was done posing for photos, he flew out of the tree and landed on the ground. Just guessing more pellets are on the way.

No comments: