Monday, March 7, 2011

Bad Hair Day

It was breezy.
She is hairy.
Very hairy.
Nothing brings that out more than a breezy day,
or bath day (secretary, please clear my schedule for the morning. I have to wash the dog...).
The reason she's standing outside giving me this weird look?
She knew it was bath day. The other dog. The stupid one, who let herself be caught, was already sparkly clean. As soon as Dusty saw that I was done with Stupid, she asked to go outside. And stayed outside. For a very long time, considering she usually spends that part of the day asleep on the couch. She wanted no part of me. She didn't want treats, she didn't even want cheese. At least not as badly as usual.
It was the cheese that eventually got her back into the house.
I just wanted to manipulate her though--to prove she'd sell her soul for food.
She didn't get a bath after all.
Decided the schedule wasn't clear after all.
Tomorrow. When she's off-guard...


(heads I win, tails you lose!)

No comments: