Monday, November 3, 2008

Civic Duty

Did anyone else have to resist the urge to buy the Pork Knives or the McCain Fine Gold Jewelry? Or the Joe dolls? 
I finally went over my early ballot. I didn't mess it up this time. I think I have had to fill out a provisional ballot in the last two elections. First for mistakenly voting for a candidate I had never heard of instead of the one that dropped out of the race a few days later; the second time because I lost my early ballot. Every time I mess up my ballot it reminds me that it would be more convenient to have my correct address on my driver's license.
Someone emailed me a link to additional information about Arizona judges. Usually I vote yes on judges unless there seems to be a reason to vote no. This time I tried the opposite.
Some ballot propositions seem like they might be a good idea, but the wording is confusing. If I can't understand what is being accomplished, I vote no.
I wish there were other candidate choices. It's hard to vote for someone I don't like because the alternative seems worse. 
I hear Starbuck's is giving free coffee tomorrow if you vote. Go wait in one line, and then go wait in another line. 
Will there be lines at the polls? Last big election we drove by one polling place with a huge line in the evening. Our polling place, less than a mile away, had no line at all. 
I can't decide whether to watch election coverage because it is an "historic" election, or to log out of my Google homepage and charge my ipod this evening for an election news blackout lasting until Wednesday evening at least. I have a feeling that news coverage will be difficult to avoid.
Take heart everyone. The economy, the war in Iraq, and pretty much everything else should start getting better in a couple of days.

No comments: